Thursday, November 6, 2008





The first wave of survey and emails are coming in and they are interesting indeed. I am hearing from several people who live elsewhere and keep Vermont in their hearts. Such letters have come from as far away as Kabul, California and Quebec. I am reading memories of soft summer days on the Sleepers River --and a heartbreaking story of a beloved cat who accidentally drowned in the Winooski River. Vermont Waterways have an ever present element of danger. Nature is not always kind-- I work with this tension in my paintings. The survey includes mentions of lakes and ponds, a waterfall, and two rivers so far. Landscape Photos: Willoughby Lake in Westmore, my Dad, artist John Bisson in his boat on Shadow Lake, Concord, VT and Emerson Falls near St. Johnsbury, VT. some of the places that have been mentioned in survey responses.

No comments: